Monday, January 28, 2008

And So It Goes

I see him in the halls,
and I quickly catch my breath.
I duck into a bathroom
before he sees the tears.
When all is quiet, I step out.
I go to the mirror,
walking as if at any second,
I might fall through the floor.
Slowly, I lift my head to face myself.
Once again, I see the tear-stained cheeks
and teh bloodshot eyes.
I dry my face
and begin to re-paint my mask.
And so it goes,
a life with a broken heart.
I see him in the halls,
and for the first time, I feel nothing.
The day is almost over
as I duck into the bathroom.
I walk up to the morror
and lift my face.
I see laughter, and smiles.
I step out just as teh bell rings.
I bound down the steps
and into your warms embrace.
I smile into your chest
as you softly say, "I've missed you"
And so it goes,
a life filled with your love.

No comments: