Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thoughts of You

written June 10, 2000
You just left me
I felt so alone when
I hear you tapping
But now you're gone
and I'm left with my thoughts
to keep me company
What made you come tonight?
What makes you care so much
without caring enough?
I'm very grateful
for in the end,
you were the only one there
But I can't look at you yet
because it makes my heart ached
And while I need comforting,
I can't rest in your arms
because I will fall all over again
and then you'll go to rest in her arms
So in the end maybe I'm
the only one left...
My thoughts will keep me company now
They will be my comfort
and my grief
Tonight I'll sleep with my
thoughts of you
And tomorrow I'll greet morning's light with
thoughts of you
I'll climb out of bed
Because maybe tomorrow
you'll see me
And maybe tomorrow
you'll love me

No comments: