Thursday, January 31, 2008

Untitled

written August 23, 2001

There's a field
that lies behind all ideas of right
and wrong
A field where concepts as pure as
love, truth, and forgiveness reighn
I met you there once, long ago,
when I still possessed that childlike innocence
and blind faith which I no longer know
Back then the path there was straight, clear,
and simple
Back then everything was simple
Now the path is still there,
but is is faded and overgrown from
lack of use
The weeds, bushes and trees have grown over
to create an impenetrable awning
to blcok out any light that may guide me
There are many more twists and detours
placed to get lost in
So I can't seem to find my way
But if someone can help me to see
past myself,
I'll find you
And you'll guide me back to taht place
where my demons will no longer assail me
and I'll know what it's like
to be loved beyond all measures

No comments: