Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Wonder No More

written January 29, 2002

A few more years have passed
The textbooks continue to get bigger,
yet I learn less from the textbooks
and more from my life,
my loved ones,
and myself
There are new pictures to replace
those that faded
and when I day dream
I see butterflies like never before
Vibrant blues, deep greens, happy yellows
I don't have to wonder anymore if this man
from my dreams exists
He has a face now
one filled with love
and is lying peacefully in bed next to me
He's there to chase away the monsters at night
when they dare to come back
He defends me
as if I were the most precious jewel in his life
but doesn't try to shelter me from pain
He makes me laught, smile, cry
and he makes me angry
But those loving eyes always look back at me
and those eyes are all that matters
He comforts me
and cares for me
and still knows when to let me care for myself
And as these thoughts leave my head,
a smile creeps across my lips
I feel sleep tugging at the corner of my mind
and I know
I don't have to wonder
anymore

No comments: