Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Walk of Life

written January 11, 2000
I lie awake at night
Many thoughts
many faces
run through my head
Some stronger, others weaker
Yours is the strongest of them all
My world is constantly changing
but you weren't supposed to
We weren't supposed to
Somewhere we lost our way
can it be found again?
The answer is one I do not know
Yet I still look for it
that path that we walked once
But you do not
You sit on the sideline
and watch me look in vain
Why?
The path we were on was beautiful
paved with our dreams
But they are all shattered now
for you can't build tomorrow on yesterday
Still, everything has been trampled on
I'm looking for the pieces
that I mights sift through them
and find what's worth salvaging
Won't you help me look?
Can't you see that the past
is exactly that
We can find a new path
and make it what we want
Will you ever walk with me again?

No comments: