Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Lonely

written July 19, 2000
I am the baby in the family
The one who still stumbles along
searching for the answers you already know
I am the poet
Who can't find the words
and is yet articulate
and eloquent
I am the dreamer
I build my life before I live it
I search for the future that I can never have
I am the innocent
Who prefers a gentle touch
to what most of you offer
I am the seeker
The one who looks for the truth
even through all the glamor
I am the wallflower
Who blends in just long enough
to listen and observe
and then come to a conclusion
I am the unforgettable
The one that no one wants
until they burn the bridges
I am the romantic
Who has fallen for many
Trusted few
Loved less
And I am the lonely
For I love you
and you do not feel the same

No comments: